We have uniforms! Let's take a look.
- When they said they were going to integrate the Northwestern striping, they, uh, really meant it. I think it looks awesome on the home uni, and, well, less so on the white-on-purple road uniform. We also have word that this will be featured in all 19 team uniforms. I like that in terms of branding, but, uh, Northwestern striping is a type of sleeve striping, which has also historically used on baseball socks. Not righhhhht across the middle of a jersey - at least since they actually did that in like, 1909 - so, uh, yeah. Not sure how that will be integrated into a basketball uniform.
- Not sure what color these actually are - whether they're the purple of all Northwestern uniforms, or the purple of that one uniform NU wore vs. Penn State which made my eyes hurt.
- Cool elements include the letters on the gloves and the stonework on the numbers, included in other pics. The NU striping is also on the gloves.
- No word on RANDOM UNDER ARMOUR SURPRISE jerseys and/or helmets, but I'm sure they'll be there.
- Has anybody seen an image of the helmets yet or what they look like?
So, what do y'all think?
UPDATE: More things I thought about this photoshoot:
- Where is this giant dark smokey area with an Under Armour logo in lights? Can we play there instead of Ryan Field? Please?
- How is Tony Jones gonna catch any balls with his LaDanian Tomlinson visor on?