Northwestern vs. Minnesota! Sure, it's 11 a.m. at Ryan Field and the tarp will be out and necessary, but you'll miss these cold, brisk days in August. Honestly, you will. So seize the moment.
We start today with some actual news: Venric Mark will not play today and Kain Colter is dressed to play if needed as the "emergency quarterback" but won't play unless, you know, there's an emergency. Sure, shades of Dan Persa post-Achilles, but I don't think Kain is in that bad shape. Regardless, like we said Thursday: this doesn't particularly bother me, and not as much as Sean McEvilly being out.
As for the game, Jesus it's on early but hopefully you're there, and if you're not, be here! SBN's Live room doesn't start until 8 p.m. for Clemson-Florida State, so I might swing around and be here as well, which I haven't done in pretty much a millenium.
Go Cats and stuff.
More from Sippin' On Purple:
- Northwestern-Minnesota predictions and previews thread!
- Northwestern-Minnesota: 5 reasons to hate the Golden Gophers
- Northwestern vs. Minnesota injury report: Sean McEvilly out, Kain Colter, Venric Mark questionable
- Northwestern vs. Minnesota football: Talking Jerry Kill, Mitch Leidner with The Daily Gopher
- Name of the Week: Minnesota edition