USA TODAY Sports
NORTHWESTERN WON A BOWL GAME! Let's talk about how great it feels.
I'll be honest: I thought Northwestern would win this game, but I never imagined the euphoria. Everybody from NU is just so happy at this moment in time, and I don't want it to stop.
Northwestern won ten games. They deserved it. They won their bowl game from start to finish. The bowl streak is over. THE BOWL STREAK IS OVER.
I'll analyze how great everything is later, but for now:
- Pat Fitzgerald is the winningest coach in program history, earning his 50th win today.
- Northwestern won a bowl game.
- Northwestern won ten games for the third time in program history.
- NORTHWESTERN WON A BOWL GAME.
- Northwestern won its first game as a team ranked in the BCS, and its first game as a ranked team in the AP poll for a long time.
- NORTHWESTERN. WON. A BOWL GAME. Soak it in, guys. Today is awesome and great and historic. This feeling of good things is the new Northwestern sports, and let's do whatever we can to keep it from going away.