We'll be back tomorrow with actual legitimate discussion of Northwestern's football team -- there is stuff to discuss! -- but for now, let us just settle for concrete evidence that the Northwestern Wildcats have assembled to play football and stuff, and swoon. NU's official accounts and scattered media know how damn excited we are, and provided us with stuff.
Here's QB1 and QB1A:
No music more fitting than "AIN'T NOBODY MESSIN WITH MY CLIQUE."
YES DO EXERCISES AND YELL STUFF FOOTBALLLLL
Here's Kain again, tossing to Rashad Lawrence:
Hey, look! Matt Alviti!
Alviti also talked about his first practice in this here video. Man, I'm just excited for Alviti at Northwes-WAIT NO
TYLER SCOTT JUST RIPPED MATT ALVITI'S THROWING ARM OFF HIS ENTIRE CAREER IS RUINED OMIGOSH OMIGOSH OMIGOSH THIS IS HORRIBLE HIS CAREER IS OVER WHY DID WE LET TYLER SCOTT DO THAT NO WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY
Northwestern looks like we're doing fine against our longtime rival, line of trash cans:
Hi it's football season. pic.twitter.com/2lkLY2ppVk— Nick Medline (@NMedlineFOX) August 5, 2013
The view from behind Coach Fitz.
FITZ THERE'S SOMEBODY RIGHT BEHIND YOU
We also saw the debut of some new uniform stuff. First off, THESE GLOVES:
SUCK IT, BECKMAN! It's pretty impossible to be a college football team without gloves that you can put together to form some symbol, and this works.
And there's some new cleats:
I'm not big on cleats, but, man, Under Armour is just the bestest.
So I can get pumped about pretty much anything Northwestern sports related, and this works. But like I said, real stuff later!
More from Sippin' On Purple:
- Monday Sips, ft. FOOOTBAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL, Tim Hanrahan, and Kain Colter
- Iowa-Northwestern: A tribute to a worthy foe on the high seas of CFB
- Northwestern sets season-ticket record, still Northwestern, but becoming less Northwestern
- Tightening Up: Northwestern's Goal Line Defense
- Northwestern college football rankings: Wildcats ranked No. 22 in USA Today Coaches Poll
- Terrance Brown, Northwestern Wildcats Football, No. 26