2-0! I can't think of many things that didn't go well for Northwestern in a beatdown of Syracuse.
NU just dominated. Dominated! The Wildcats scored the first 20 points of the game, covering the spread really quickly. They shut down anything Syracuse did through the passing game, recording somewhere between 40 and 132 interceptions. They passed the ball phenomenally well, something like 400-plus yards passing with under five incompletions combined between Kain Colter and Trevor Siemian. Tony Jones had damn near 200 yards receiving. And they did this all without Treyvon Green!
Even the tarp was fine! Northwestern had its largest home opener attendance in a long time!
We came into this year excited about Northwestern. We are now even more excited about Northwestern. I don't know how that happened, and I am perfectly fine with it.
Here's your space to freak out, everybody. And you deserve to freak out, because, guys, this is a football team.
More from Sippin' On Purple:
- No. 19 Northwestern vs. Syracuse: Game info, how to watch, TV, preview, and more
- Northwestern vs. Syracuse football: Predictions/preview thread!
- Northwestern vs. Syracuse: What to look for as the Wildcats take on the Orange
- Northwestern injury report vs. Syracuse: Kain Colter, Venric Mark "questionable"
- Northwestern vs. Syracuse football: Sean Keeley talks Drew Allen, Scott Schafer, and Orange-Wildcats
- Fun with Numbers: Week 1